Keeping customers guessing is a good way to keep them from coming back.
And, surprisingly, many retailers fail to keep customers fully informed throughout the returns and refunds process.
As part of its ongoing measurement of customer service practices, StellaService tracks notifications sent to StellaService Analysts during the returns process. In 2014 to date, 19 companies included in StellaService’s coverage set have provided notifications for every return. It’s an admirable accomplishment and it will be interesting to see how many of the retailers will stay consistent throughout the remainder of the year.
The most common communications received by StellaService Analysts are:
- Product is en route back to the warehouse
- Product was received at the warehouse/Return was processed
- Notice of no need to return item to receive a full or partial refund or credit
- Refund/credit is being processed or is complete
- Notification of an issue with the refund or credit
- Refund/credit amount …